the b hotels (the b hotels Official Homepage – https://www.theb-hotels.com), the corporation operating the facilities as shown on the website (hereinafter referred to as the “Corporation”), and the the b hotels Co., Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as the “Company”) and its subsidiaries and affiliates (hereinafter collectively referred to as the “Company”) are registered customers, business partners, and recruitment entry users (hereinafter referred to as the “Customers”). We recognize that it is our important social responsibility to protect and appropriately use information about individuals entrusted to us by our Company.
- The purpose of this policy is to ensure the protection of information and to provide continued peace of mind to our customers.
- 2. About the Information that we collect
- (1) Information received from customers. The information that we keep from customers, includes information that customers enter in the input form that we define including name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, date of birth, gender, etc, as well as information that our staff collects by the instructions of customers, via other services provided, and other essential matters for transactions.
- (2) Information obtained from people as authorized by the customer. The Company shall include the information of customers that has been legally obtained from from guests, intermediaries, business partners, via the acceptance of the package goods and other authorized introductions which have been provided by legitimate authorities.
- (3) Information obtained directly or indirectly from customers through recruitment entries to the the b hotels
“Personal information” refers to the following information that can be used to identify an individual which has been directly or indirectly obtained from a customer through an employment application to the the b hotels.
Please note that we will not return any documents submitted at the time of entry (resumes, job transcripts, etc.).
- ① Name, age, date of birth, address, telephone number, e-mail address, documents (resume, work history, etc).
- ② Other information that can be easily collated, to make it possible to identify a specific individual.
- (4) Information that we collect when you visit our website.
We may collect information when you visit our website. This includes the following information:
- – Terminal information
- – Log information
- – Cookies and anonymous ID
- – Location information
- – IP address and identification information
- 3.Purpose of Use of Information
- The information received from customers, etc. will be used for the following purposes.
- (1) To contact the customer for reservation confirmations, etc.
- (2) To provide services and products and information to customers;
- (3) To conduct marketing activities
- (4) To make an analysis for the improvement of services and goods
- (5) To send questionnaires for further improvement of our services
- (6) To provide recruitment-related company information and to contact and manage recruitment events and recruitment screenings
- (7) For our website to request compliance with the terms and conditions of the service provided through the mobile site
- (8) For our website to protect the services and customers provided through the mobile site
- (9) For the purpose of use disclosed to, or announced separately, to the customer
- 4.Handling of information
- (1) We will take necessary and reasonable security control measures to prevent leakage, loss, misuse, falsification, and unauthorized access. In addition, when you provide us with a means of communication, we will prepare for interception by a third party in the communication process, and strive to ensure safety by security technologies such as SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encrypted communication as necessary.
- (2) In order to improve the quality of our services and improve the convenience for our customers, we may outsource some of the handling of the information entrusted to us by customers, etc. to an outside company.
- 5. Disclosure and provision to third parties
- The company will not disclose or provide customer’s personal information to third parties, except in the following cases.
- (1) When there is consent of the customer.
- (2) When disclosure or provision of personal information is required by law
- (3) When it is necessary for the protection of human life, body or property, and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the customer.
- (4) Cases in which the provision of personal information is specifically necessary for improving public health or promoting the well-being of children and in which it is difficult to obtain the consent of the customer.
- (5) In cases where it is necessary to cooperate with a national organization, a local public body, or a person entrusted by such organization to carry out affairs prescribed by laws and regulations, and obtaining the consent of the person may hinder the execution of such affairs.
- (6) When disclosure or provision is made to the extent necessary to provide services to customers.
- 6.Shared Use
- We will shared use of the personal information of customers as follows.
- (1) Items of personal information to be shared (2 information to be kept) as described in (1) to (3).
- (2) For details on the scope of Shared Use, please click here
- (3) Purpose of use for Shared Used (3 Purpose of use of information) as described in (1) to (8)
- (4) Name of the person responsible for the management of user information at the b hotels Co., Ltd. – General Manager of Personal Information Management
- 7.Compliance with laws and regulations
- In order to ensure the protection of personal information, we will comply with personal information-related laws and guidelines.
- 8.Respect for the rights of customers.
- We respect the rights of our customers, and when we request disclosure, correction, or suspension of use of their personal information, we will verify the identity of our customers and respond to them within a reasonable and necessary scope.
- 9. Contact information
- If you have any comments, questions, or complaints regarding the handling of information, please contact the following: Contact us
Revised: November 21, 2018